Sunday, November 8, 2009

The bifurcated life

Ultimately, everyone is just trying to live a life that is fulfilling, and interesting and has some meaning.
-
Some people do it better than others.
-

People that think about it, constantly judge themselves.
-
Ultimately I believe it comes down to comparison for everyone. Why did I end up the way I have ended up? Not that I think I am at the end, but at this point in my life, why is it still so hard for me? At this point I expected to have much more, both financially and emotionally.
-
I basically do okay in life, but metaphorically speaking, the deal is that I throw the football way to much.
-
I live my life like the run and shoot. It's an impressive offense and all, but it leaves your defense on the damn field to much, and besides, it is totally susceptible to the interception. Sure I need to run the football more than I do, but I just can't help myself and feel like throwing the ball is the way to go.
-
My life is basically pretty good, but the highs are not as good as the lows are bad. If, and again, metaphorically speaking, I ran the ball more, I may not have the ups of the 75 yard touchdown pass but maybe the lows of getting life run down the gullet would not be as painful either.
-
I hate that I let my life get so bifurcated. I hate that it is such a dichotomy.
-
Still I continue to line up in the shotgun with the no back set and five wide.

No comments: